The Boambee Eagles have continued their dominance of the Ce.x Group Women’s Premier League with a 5-4 win against the Coffs City United Lionesses at Forsyth Park.
The reigning premiers were tested against a Lionesses side who are the only team to have beaten them this season.
In the same week as rebel Female Football Week and the Matildas World Cup campaign, the two sides provided an attacking spectacle with goal after goal in a thrilling second half featuring eight goals.
With the Eagles leading 1-0 at halftime, the Lionesses levelled the scores early in the second half before being caught immediately on the counter by the Eagles to make it 2-1.
The goals continued to flow in the second half with the Lions taking a 3-2 lead in a back and forth contest of attacking football with multiple goals in the space of ten minutes.
Facing a second straight loss to the Lionesses, the Eagles responded scoring three more goals for their eighth win from their first nine games this season.
Men’s Premier League
The Boambee Bombers have reaffirmed their superiority of the 2019 Ce.x Group Men’s Premier League season with a 7-0 home win against the Westlawn Tigers during Round 12 on Sunday afternoon.
The Northern Storm Thunder put some space between themselves and the Woolgoolga Wolves in third place with a 3-1 away win against the Coffs City Tigers.
The Maclean Bobcats got off the bottom of the ladder with a 1-1 draw away from home against the Woolgoolga Wolves.
Ce.x Group Men’s Premier League ladder
1. Boambee Bombers 27 points: 9 wins. 1 loss. 34 (goal difference)
2. Coffs City United Lions 24 points: 8 wins. 2 losses. 21
3. Northern Storm Thunder 22 points: 7 wins. 1 draw. 3 losses. -3
4. Woolgoolga Wolves 17 points: 5 wins. 2 draws. 4 losses. 0
5. Coffs Coast Tigers 8 points: 2 wins. 2 draws. 6 losses. -11
6. Maclean Bobcats 4 points: 1 win. 1 draw. 8 losses. -20
7. Westlawn Tigers 3 points: 1 win. 9 losses. -21